100% AMERICAN OWNED MANUFACTURER OF HIGH-POWER ELECTRIC MACHINES FOR THE CRITICAL DEFENSE SUPPLY CHAIN
Since 1903, IDEAL ELECTRIC COMPANY, along with its legacy large application Beloit Power Systems, Colt Industries, and Fairbanks Morse large motors and generators businesses, is a globally recognized supplier of high-power, specialty induction, synchronous, wound-rotor, and permanent magnet electric motors, generators, condensers, rotating converters, switchgear, power systems and controls up to 50 MVA for every application on-and-off-shore. Uniquely positioned as the only 100% American-owned, vertically integrated manufacturer with a full line of high-power capacities across more than 500,000 sq. ft. of advanced engineering, manufacturing, and testing in Ohio and Texas, IDEAL is expanding the support of the American defense and industrial bases, ensuring factory-backed sustainment of critical electric machinery for decades to come.
- THE ONLY AMERICAN OWNED, SMALL BUSINESS, U.S. MANUFACTURER IN OUR CLASS
- 120+ YEARS OF PIONEERING TECHNOLOGIES // MACHINES FOR MISSION CRITICAL APPLICATIONS
- LARGE APPLICATION BELOIT POWER SYSTEMS, COLT INDUSTRIES, AND FAIRBANKS MORSE LARGE MOTORS AND GENERATORS ACQUIRED IN 2022
- RATINGS TO 50,000 HP // 40,000 KW // LOW, MEDIUM & HIGH VOLTAGE & FREQUENCY
- FACTORIES IN OHIO & TEXAS // BOTH SITES LOCATED IN HUBZONES
- VERTICALLY INTEGRATED MANUFACTURING PROCESS
- 1000’S OF REFERENCES ON-AND-OFF SHORE // IN MORE THAN 100 COUNTRIES
- LONG HISTORY SERVING U.S. DEFENSE // LAND & SEA // THOUSANDS OF MACHINES IN SERVICE
- CONVENTIONAL & ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES // COMPLETE PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- TECHNOLOGY DRIVEN // MULTI-GENERATIONAL // ENTREPRENEURIAL LEADERSHIP
- U.S. NAVY
- U.S. AIR FORCE
- U.S. NAVFAC
- U.S. COAST GUARD
- U.S. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS
- U.S. BUREAU OF RECLAMATION
- U.S. INTERNATIONAL BOUNDARY & WATER COMMISSION
- U.S. NAVSEA
- U.S. NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH
- U.S. DEFENSE LOGISTICS AGENCY
- A PRIVATE SPACE EXPLORATION COMPANY
- AMERICAN SUPERCONDUCTOR
- CARRIER // TRANE // YORK JOHNSON CONTROLS
- FAIRBANKS MORSE DEFENSE
- GENERAL MOTORS // FORD // STELLANTIS
- LEONARDO DRS
- BAE SYSTEMS
- MAN ENERGY
- ROLLS ROYCE
- SOLAR TURBINES
- STEWART & STEVENSON
The Service Department of Ideal Electric Company maintains a staff of highly experienced Service Advisors qualified to provide technical direction and advisory assistance during start-up, inspection, maintenance, and repair of all Ideal Electric supplied equipment. Our incredibly skilled service specialists, as well as factory-trained craftspeople, provide a full-spectrum of field services from preventive maintenance to emergency and outage support.
Our mission to satisfy each customer doesn’t ever stop. We pride ourselves on our ability to give quality aftermarket care to each and every customer. We have an expert staff of highly trained support specialists on standby, ready to assist you via phone or email. These talented individuals are skilled in problem-solving, quickly and efficiently ascertaining solutions to our clients’ needs. Whether you’re looking to upgrade or scheduling a field service appointment, our support technicians are ready to help.
Ideal engineers are respected throughout the industry for their expertise, innovative spirit, and rigorous work ethic. Over the past century, Ideal engineers have revolutionized the industry, continuously pioneering ways to increase machine efficiency and longevity while keeping costs down. Ideal engineers are always available to assist our clients in conducting research and producing studies. Contact us if you would like to work with our Ideal engineers.
Ideal Electric uses an insulation system based on a global Vacuum Pressure Impregnation (VPI) method using mica tapes combined with epoxy resin. Global VPI is a widely used insulation method in the electric machine manufacturing industry. Ideal uses epoxy resins in the VPI process since they are superior to other VPI resin types. This insulation system is employed over the full range of form wound machines produced at our Ohio Works.
- Class F (155°) Temperature Rating
- Voltages up to 15 kV Mica Insulation combined with Epoxy Resin VPI
- Excellent Chemical, Oil, and Moisture Resistance
- High Dielectric Strength with Low Dielectric Losses
- High Mechanical Strength
- High Thermal Conductivity for Improved Heat Transfer
- Withstands Starting and Short Circuit Stresses, Voltage Surges, and Thermal Cycling
Factory Repair & Remanufacturing
Ideal Electric is more committed than ever to protect your investment. We have the capability to repair or upgrade any machine which, along with our testing facility, guarantees that you can get up and running faster and more efficiently than ever before. Contact an Ideal associate today and ask about our repair and remanufacturing services.
Our Test Floor
Meeting Customer Needs
Customers have demanded and will continue to demand improvements in both product performance and quality. Customers now require extensive testing conducted by their manufacturers before equipment even ships. Ideal Electric meets this challenge with our innovative test floor. Our Ohio Works allows us to precisely and accurately test synchronous motors and generators at voltages from 480 V to 13.8 kV, at 60 Hz and 50 Hz.
- Performance, temperature and efficiency testing of synchronous motors and generators up to 30,000 kVA per IEEE 115 or IEC 60034
- Performance, temperature and efficiency testing of induction motors up to 10,000 HP per IEEE 112 or IEC 60034
- Test voltages from 480 V to 13.8 kV
- 60 and 50 Hertz test frequencies
- Horizontal and vertical test configurations
- State-of-the-art Data Acquisition System
- Bently-Nevada Adre Vibration Monitoring System
- Complete control from the master control room overlooking the test floor area
High Quality Testing Facility
The Ohio Works test floor consists of two vertical test pits and two test bedplates for horizontal machines. Each test bedplate has a weight exceeding one million pounds, insuring our capability to meet and exceed the stringent industry vibration criteria for massive, rigid mounting per API (0.02 ips maximum). Other test floors use housing and shaft probe vibration readings which consistently fail to meet the stringency of industrial requirements. Our Ideal capabilities make our test floor unique, yielding precise and timely results as no one else can.
Ideal Service Agreement
IDEAL Electric wants to help you maintain the health of your investment. IDEAL Service Agreements offer you a way to tap into our expertise at any moment. We offer our knowledge and capabilities to give you peace of mind when it comes to maintaining your motors and generators. As the OEM we have the original drawings of every Ideal machine, extensive testing data, skillful engineers, and experienced craftsmen at our disposal to maintain your investment. So, it makes sense that choosing an IDEAL Service Agreements increases the longevity of your machine, reduces failures, increases production and efficiency. Ideal understands the value of your asset and has the expertise to preserve it.
Our Scheduled Maintenance Program offers a direct line of communication between you and IDEAL Electric. First, we establish the health of your machine, then we determine an appropriate maintenance schedule that works for you. This program provides personalized action customized to fit your specific needs.
Our expert IDEAL ELECTRIC Associates are here to support you in our Ohio, Houston, and our European bases. Give us a call or e-mail us today!
New & Replacement Machine Sales
+1 (419) 520-3330
Switchgear & Controls
+1 (419) 520-3255
+1 (419) 520-3225
Field Service Repairs /
Remanufacturing & Technical Questions
+1 (419) 520-3245
24 Hour Emergency Hotline
+1 (888) 915-2624
Find your local contacts