PUNCH PRESS OPERATOR
We are looking for a skilled Die Setter/Punch Press Operator with an aptitude for mechanics and an eye for detail. The primary function of the position is to set presses and fixtures and to ensure that they are in proper working order to produce products and parts that meet Ideal Electric quality standards and the expectations of our customers. Setting dies and fixtures and loading and operating presses is a critical requirement of the Die Setter.
The Die Setter must be able to work effectively and respectfully with members of the Ideal team while continually adhering to all safety and quality requirements of the company as well as industry standards. Good housekeeping practices are expected of all Ideal Electric associates.
- Set presses and fixtures.
- Load sheet metal coils onto presses. Load stamping dies onto presses.
- Start machine and inspect work to verify conformance of die setup to specifications.
- Operate punch presses.
- Troubleshoot issues with equipment.
- Inspect products for quality assurance. Use precision measuring tools such as micrometers and calipers to ensure products are made to specification. Identify any defective items and process them in accordance with established procedures.
- Perform repetitive tasks while sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
Experience in team-style manufacturing processes.
Ability to interpret documents such as diagrams, schematics, blueprints, and other written or verbal instructions.
Exceptional technical and mechanical knowledge with great manual dexterity/hand-eye coordination and a keen attention to detail.
Proven mechanical experience and aptitude.
Excellent eyesight including depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to differentiate between colors.
Ability to use effective reasoning to solve problems that may arise.
Ability to lift 50+ pounds regularly.
Higher degree from a technical school will be appreciated.
Working Conditions and Work Hours
- Daily minimum of 8 hours. Weekly 40-hour minimum.
- This position generally operates in a factory environment.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime, and occasional weekends, holidays, and nights.
Requirements & Disclosures
- Must maintain a driving record that is acceptable for coverage under the company’s insurance plan.
- Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
- This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the activities, duties, or responsibilities required for the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unrestricted.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
- IDEAL is a drug-free workplace.