& PROJECT MANAGER
Do you want to be a part of an incredible American electro-mechanical brand with a 118-year history and customers all over the world? Are you ready to roll-up your sleeves and proactively contribute to the development and execution of high dollar orders/contracts? If you are passionate about winning, and can see yourself making a positive impact, then you should apply to become IDEAL ELECTRIC’s Application Engineer.
This full-time role is based in Mansfield, Ohio working closely with and reporting to IDEAL’s Vice President.
We are looking for a qualified Application Engineer / Project Manager that will lead negotiations and manage the resulting orders.
- Quotations (review specifications, coordinate design, and price)
- Customer interactions (phone, virtual, in person when needed)
- Internal Interactions (Engineering, Management, Sales, Vendors)
- Review and enter customer orders
- Acknowledge orders to customer
- Internal kick off meetings
- Communicate with customer on schedule, shipping, invoicing, witness testing, questions, etc.
- Handle customer transmittals and submittals
- Document jobs by photography
- Schedule logistics solutions
- Inspect completed orders prior to shipment
- Prepare In-process inspection plans when required
- Give tours of the factory
- Escort customers during witness testing
- Travel when needed
- Sales Experience: 3 years (Preferred)
- Experienced working with customers and vendors in a B2B environment
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Great attention to detail and time-management skills
Working Conditions and Work Hours
- Daily minimum of 8 hours. Weekly 40-hour minimum.
- This position generally operates in a professional office environment.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime, and occasional weekends, holidays, and nights.
- Travel may be required (likely 25%). Must be able to travel throughout the United States and abroad. Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid passport and US-issued driver’s license.
Requirements & Disclosures
- Must maintain a driving record that is acceptable for coverage under the company’s insurance plan.
- Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
- This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the activities, duties, or responsibilities required for the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unrestricted.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
- IDEAL is a drug-free workplace.