Account Manager – Sales
Do you want to be a part of an incredible American electro-mechanical brand with a 118-year history and customers all over the world? Are you ready to roll-up your sleeves and proactively contribute to the development and execution of innovative, effective account management and sales activities? If you’re passionate about providing solutions to customers and can see yourself making a positive impact as a brand evangelist, then you should apply to become IDEAL ELECTRIC’s newest Account Manager. This full-time role will be home & office based, preferably located in Texas or Louisiana, and works closely with and reports to the Vice President of Sales.
Manages accounts for the Texas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma region & sells all IDEAL products and services:
- New induction, synchronous, and wound rotor motors (mostly medium-voltage)
- Replacement/spare legacy IDEAL motors
- New generators (mostly medium-voltage)
- Replacement/spare legacy IDEAL generators
- New eddy current drives
- Replacement /spare legacy eddy current drive
- Stock products (new, used, and refurbished listed on IDEAL’s website)
- Spare parts
- Field Service (troubleshoot, maintenance, service.
- Field Repair
- Engineering studies
- Be the main face to the customer
- Present all the company products and services in various environments (lunch & learn presentation, tradeshow, customer meeting, virtual meeting, etc.).
- Network to build clientele.
- Bring new customers to IDEAL
- Grow existing IDEAL customers.
- Follow up with customers
- Negotiate orders (commercially and contractually)
- Communicate with Engineering to answer questions
- Work with Inside Sales to coordinate strategy
- Work with management to set pricing/strategy
- Project management to manage orders.
- Log all information into IDEAL’s work management program (Wrike)
- Report Sales activities as directed.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Four-Year Degree or equivalent (preferably engineering, business or marketing disciplines).
- Minimum of 5 years of sales and marketing experience in rotating equipment and aftermarket sales experience is preferred. Likely candidates would come from competing manufacturers or rotating machine repair facilities.
- Physical capabilities – able to climb stairs and to lift / position file boxes that weigh approximately 30 lbs. However, these capabilities may be waived for the purpose of providing reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to tolerate prolonged periods of sitting at a desk so that an average of 50 – 55 minutes of each hour can be directed towards productive activity.
- Conducts self in a professional and businesslike manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
- Aptitude to learn IDEAL’s work management software (Wrike).
- Proficient LinkedIn user.
Working Conditions and Work Hours
- Daily minimum of 8 hours. Weekly 40-hour minimum.
- This position generally operates in a professional office environment.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime, and occasional weekends, holidays, and nights.
- Travel will be required (likely 80%). Must be able to travel throughout the United States and abroad. Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid passport and US-issued driver’s license.
Requirements & Disclosures
- Must maintain a driving record that is acceptable for coverage under the company’s insurance plan.
- Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
- This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the activities, duties, or responsibilities required for the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unrestricted.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
- IDEAL is a drug-free workplace.